fredag 3. august 2012

DT Maja Design ♥ with a "Butterfly step by step"

Hi! 
Hope you are fine and are enjoying the summer, outside or inside crafting maybe?:)
This Friday I want to show you a card I have made with the wonderful "Ska vi ta en Fika"/"Let's have coffee" collection from Maja Design. 
And I have also made a step by step of how I made the butterflies I have on the card.
The paper I have used are:
♥ Søders Høider
♥ Havrerutor
♥ Lejas Cafe
Now some close-ups of the details.


My scene is made with two stamps from Magnolia
Tilda with Daisys and Mushrooms and Sunny Autumn Morning
I have coloured the scene with Distress Ink-reinkers and Markers.
I have also used some stamps from Stempelglede and the Vintage Garden collection. Both text stamps are from Magnolia.
 ♥♥♥
And now I want to show you how I made the butterflies on my card.
So I have made a step by step, here it goes:
I start with the papers I want to use, here Kraft and Maja Design Pattern Paper (Ska vi ta en Fika? -Søders Højder), a brush and some glue (here Glue n' seal).
I put some glue on the Kraft paper.
As much as this. But that is up to you (I wanted more pattern paper on the butterflies than Kraft).
Now I lay the pattern paper over the Kraft paper.
 I push them extra hard together. And then I wait for some minutes. It doesn't take long time before the glue has fasten the papers together.
Now I start to rip some of the pattern paper off the Kraft paper.
Here is what it looks like when I am finished.
Now it is time to find the tools. I use my Big Shot, and the butterflies I use are from Tim Holtz. 
I have to lay the butterflies inside the tag-die. (Then I only need one plate under the dies, and one over.)

I lay the paper over the dies like you see on the photos.

Here I place the plate (well used:)) over the dies.

Turn the weel, ...and the dies are on the other side.
I take away the plate...
... and take a look at the butterflies:) (I see that I should have placed the paper a bit more up or down on the dies, so that the ripped paper would have shown a bit better on the butterflies....)
I add some ink (walnut stain) to the paper edges.
And pretty them up with some Liquid Pearls-Bisque...
... like this.
♥♥♥
{You can also view this card in my Magnolia blog}
And here they are on the card, with a purple rose on each:)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Take care & have a wonderful Friday:)

18 kommentarer:

Marjan sa...

Hi Camilla,

Thank you for this tutorial.
It is a nice technique and I think I'm gonna use it sometimes.

Hugs, Marjan

Riet sa...

What a wonderful card Camilla.

Hugs Riet.xx

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot sa...

It's a beautiful card.
Hugs Miranda

Evie sa...

GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing.
Hugs. Evie

Jill sa...

Helt nydelig kort Camilla :)
Fantastisk maskering :)
Ha en god helg!
Masse klemmer

Gro sa...

Herlig, og en flott "trinn-for-trinn"

Tusen takk. Klem :o)

Ellen sa...

GORGEOUS Card Camilla. Thanks for sharing.

Grtz, Ellen

Nancie Quah sa...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Ann sa...

Beautiful card, and thanks for sharing the butterfly technique.

Monique sa...

That is so pretty!

Hugs Monique

JenniferD sa...

Wow what a lovely tutorial! Thankyou you for sharing all your lovely work!

debby4000 sa...

Oh what a gorgeous card, sweet image and fab details.
luv
Debby

Veronique sa...

Kjempe lekkert kort, og tusen takk for tutorialen :)

Ha en fin helg!

Veronique

Sandra sa...

Beautiful card Camilla.
Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial too.
Hugs
Sandra x

Unknown sa...

wow stunninf project thanks for sharing your tut very interesting ..hugs sassyxxx

Christina C. sa...

WOW......gorgeous creation, magnificent elements on this beauty!
Thanks for the fabulous, detailed tutorial.

http://atelierbergamote.canalblog.com/ sa...

Magnifique! thank you very much, for the "tuto". Bye. Marie

ByKirsti sa...

Wow i make some really pretty things!

Feel free to join my international giveaway